This is a perfect summer cover photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin with the styling works by the editor in chief, Emmanuelle Alt. Nuff said!
The first Health Initiative issue will hit the newsstands on May 24th. If you’re wondering what is Health Initiative, it’s a pact between the 19 international editors of Vogue to encourage a healthier approach to body image within the industry.
The six-point agreement are:
1. We will not knowingly work with models under the age of 16 or who appear to have an eating disorder. We will work with models who, in our view, are healthy and help to promote a healthy body image
2. We will ask agents not to knowingly send us underage girls and casting directors to check IDs when casting shoots, shows and campaigns.
3. We will help to structure mentoring programmes where more mature models are able to give advice and guidance to younger girls, and we will help to raise industry-wide awareness through education, as has been integral to the Council of Fashion Designers of America Health Initiative.
4. We will encourage producers to create healthy backstage working conditions, including healthy food options and a respect for privacy. We will encourage casting agents not to keep models unreasonably late.
5. We encourage designers to consider the consequences of unrealistically small sample sizes of their clothing, which limits the range of women who can be photographed in their clothes, and encourages the use of extremely thin models.
6. We will be ambassadors for the message of healthy body image.
Image via TFS.